ALTERNATE SCENE B SPOCK PRIME Then I ask that you do yourself a favor... put away logic, and do what feels right. The world you've inherited lives in the shadow of incalculable devastation... but there's no reason you must face it alone. And from around his neck, he removes the PENDANT that until now, we've only caught glimpses of. Places it on the table beside his younger self. The feeling in his eyes is profound... SPOCK PRIME (CONT'D) This was a gift to me. Representing... a dream. One we were unable to fulfill. (softly) The way you can now. And moves to the door. Stops. Offers the VULCAN SALUTE: SPOCK PRIME (CONT'D) As my customary farewell would appear oddly self serving, I will simply say... good luck. Their eyes hold. Spock turns, disappearing into the corridor. Young Spock stares at the empty doorway a beat, his mind a jumble of thoughts. Looks to the pendant... and realizes it's a HOLO-EMITTER. After considering a beat, he hits an activation button and a MOVING HOLOGRAPHIC MESSAGE materializes before him: CAPTAIN JAMES T. KIRK. WILLIAM SHATNER. As always, brash, wry, confident -- and SINGING: KIRK/ SHATNER Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you... (stops, grins) I know I know, it's illogical to celebrate something you had nothing to do with, but I haven't had the chance to congratulate you on your appointment to the ambassadorship so I thought I'd seize the occasion... Bravo, Spock -- they tell me your first mission may take you away for awhile, so I'll be the first to wish you luck... and to say... (beat, emotional) I miss you, old friend. ... and we're PUSHING IN on Young Spock, taking in the image of Kirk's future self, the message, but above all -- the clear, unquestionable friendship these two men had... INT. CORRIDOR - CONTINUOUS As Spock Prime walks off down the corridor, he passes right by a man conferring with a nurse -- the man pauses, turns... it's SAREK. Suddenly overcome by a feeling that the stranger who's just passed him is... oddly familiar. KIRK/SHATNER (V.O.) I suppose I'd always imagined us... outgrowing Starfleet together. Watching life swing us into our Emeritus years...
Making a new mutual follow
If this gets 1,000 notes, I will arrange and record a flash mob of “They’re Taking The Hobbits To Isengard” in the middle of the National Zoo
idk if you’re kidding but
if this is indeed your will THEN GONDOR WILL SEE IT DONE
I am so not kidding. I’ve always wanted to do a flashmob, but I’d want to know that at least a few hundred people would want to watch the video, first.
It can be hard to make OC’s at times, so here are some things that I tell myself that help me personally when I get stuck; whether I’m making an OC for a story or roleplaying.
- Coming up with a name for your OC can be difficult and cause many a headaches. When a name website fails you, grab a DVD and fast forward to the credits. Pause it every now and then and scan the names. See a first name you like, but don’t like the last name? Just look at the other names until you find one. You might even come up with names for other OC’s.
- If you want a name out of the norm, than brain storm any weird name you can. Afruix? Basian? Navena? Lolkata? It’s all good. Instead of going to a generic name website, try looking for more obscure sites that have old Nordic, Chinese, or other for names. You can find some real doozies there. Also, if you created an OC a long time ago and think their name is silly or stupid, think again! Go back to that name and sit there and stare at it—think of every variation you can. You might be surprised at what you come up with. My first OC’s name was Latiea Mythedrean. Seven years later and I have three variations of that name for three different OC’s; Laheir Ma’hariel, Lalea Madean, and Latea Mythedria. Something you think is old and useless may just be your best source yet.
- Build a base. Say, ‘Ok, I know I want my OC to be kind, smart, good with a sword or gun, and is ready to do anything for their friends.’ Then go, ‘Let’s add a bit of insecurities and jealousy and maybe a dash of vanity.’ Add imperfections to your OC’s personality, because they are like any other being; flawed. This does not make them a bad OC. It adds flavor to them, and as you use them, they can overcome and mature through their imperfections.
- Or just make them perfect! You have to remember that this is supposed to be fun! If you find yourself not having fun because you’re taking this way too seriously, stop and make a Mary Sue. Make Mary Sues. There is nothing wrong with MS’s because they are as funny as heck and let’s face it—they add spice to your life. If anyone ever complains about your MS, make the MS a bamf and write a story that has your MF kill the offender—it’s healthy and you don’t actually commit a real murder so your safe from jail. I’m guilty of a few MS’s, and even a self-insert and they are so much fun.
- And it’s A-OK to make a super-girly or super-manly OC. Find the medium you want. You want a girl OC who has good fighting skills but gets rescued a lot by another male OC a lot? That’s fine! Want a girly-girl with bamf skills that never needs rescuing? Awesome! Want a super-mutant that’s misunderstood and just wants love even while they go around killing people? Super duper! There is no wrong OC! Even if they are a villain OC. Give them the personality and strengths you want—not what someone else wants.
- And most of all, have fun.
bones you smooth motherfucker
Look at Kirk tho.
He’s so proud.
LIVE LONG AND GET SOME OMFG
never not reblog superwholock
Not only Superwholock
but Superwholock that SAID THE THING
“ I request permission to go after him. ”
“ Jim, you’re not actually going after this guy, are you? ”
#seriously bones’s hand placement is killing me #it’s so deliberate #like he’s had three years to perfect the art of keeping jim still for two seconds in the most efficient way possible #hand wedged under his arm strategically thumb ready to attack a pressure point that made jim yelp the first time #except now jim’s like conditioned #bones barely has to touch him and jim just stops and leans into it #i hate this
I, too, wish to draw attention to the hold McCoy has on Jim in that top right hand gif there, but not from any ship-related reasons. That, ladies and gentlemen, is an example of med win.
You’re right, previous tagger, that’s the best place to hold Jim to get him to be still. It’s how you hold anyone who isn’t steady on their feet, or needs guidance, or that you as a medical person (be it doctor or nurse) need to control the movements of just a little bit. If you’re standing in front of them and you need to give them some support or exert some control over their movements, that is exactly how you hold a patient so that you can do that without hurting them.
Normally whenever anything or anyone medical is involved in a show or film, there are inevitably horrendous inaccuracies that really ruin it for me. But this? This is a tiny detail, the tiniest of tiny details, and knowingly or not it is one hundred percent accurate, and I want to give Karl a medal for it.
Want an awesome Star Trek Backpack? Want it for free? Then this is the post for you!
It’s been a bit since my last giveaway, and I know everyone really likes the backpacks, so I thought I’d give one away!
There will be ONE prize: A custom backpack with the fabric of your choice! Or, if a backpack isn’t quite to your taste- any other bag in my shop! Awesome right?
To enter you are allowed ONE REBLOG and ONE LIKE per day. Each note gets you one entry and I’ll use a random number generator to pick the winner. (I’m not responsible for any tumblr fuckary i.e. lost reblog’s or likes.)
You do not have to follow me to enter- however, if you like Star Trek enough to wear a one of these backpacks, I’d say you have a good chance of liking my blog. Also if, when I select your name, I see you’re following me, you’ll get a little extra in your package!
And speaking of something extra: if you place an order between now and the deadline, use the coupon code 10STARTREK at my shop and get 10% off your order!
The giveaway will close on Saturday June 22nd at 9PM PST. The winner will be tagged in a post and I’ll also send an ask, so be sure yours is open. The winner will have 24 hours to respond to the message. If I don’t receive a response within 24 hours, I will select another recipient.
#do you think this is a fucking game?
specific parallel requested by anon.